Spacing between Private Hydrants along Fire Engine access way and access road are as follows:
- Residential and Commercial Occupancies shall be 120 m
- Light Hazard Storage Occupancies shall be 100 m
- Ordinary Hazard Storage Occupancies shall be 100 m
- Light Hazard Industrial Occupancies shall be 100 m
- Ordinary Hazard Industrial Occupancies shall be 100 m
- High Hazard Occupancies shall be 60 m
Minimum flow rate for each Private fire hydrant shall be 500 Gallons per Minute.
Minimum pressure required for private hydrant is 6.9 bars.
Private Fire Hydrant Water Supply for fire fighting shall be for 2 hours.
For height limitation, the center of a hose outlet shall be not less than 457 mm and not more than 914 above final grade.
Within the context of a building, private hydrants serves the same purpose as a standpipe system.