- ADA Standards require a 1:12 ramp slope ratio, which equals a 4.8 degrees slope or one foot of wheelchair ramp for each inch of rise. For instance, a 30-inch (750mm) rise requires a 30-foot (9000mm) handicap wheelchair ramp.
- ADA Guidelines require a minimum 5' x 5' (1500mm x 1500mm) flat, unobstructed area at the top and bottom of the ramp.
- ADA Standards require wheelchair ramps to have a minimum width of 36 inches (900mm) of clear space across the wheelchair ramp.
- ADA Code Compliance requires a minimum turn platform size of 5' x 5' (1500mm x 1500mm).
- ADA Guidelines for Wheelchair Ramps allow a maximum run of 30 feet (9000mm) of wheelchair ramp before a rest or turn platform.
- ADA Ramp Guidelines require ADA ramp handrails that are between 34" (865mm) and 38" (965mm) in height on both sides of the wheelchair ramps.