- ADA Standards Require a 1:12 ramp slope ratio which equals 4.8 degrees slope or one foot of wheelchair ramp for each inch of rise. For instance, a 30 inch rise requires a 30 foot handicap wheelchair ramp.
- ADA Guidelines Require a Minimum 5′ x 5′ Flat, unobstructed area at the top and bottom of the ramp.
- ADA Standards Require wheelchair ramps to have a Minimum width of 36 inches of clear space across the wheelchair ramp.
- ADA Code Compliance Require a Minimum Turn Platform size of 5′ x 5′.
- ADA Guidelines for Wheelchair Ramps allow a Maximum run of 30 feet of wheelchair ramp before a rest or turn platform.
- ADA Ramp Guidelines Require ADA Ramp handrails that are between 34″ and 38″ in height on both sides of the wheelchair ramps.