|Occupancy Type||Separation Requirements|
|Large or small assembly||2 hour|
|Storage, moderate hazard S1||3 hour|
|Storage, low hazard S2||2 hour|
|Automobile parking garages||1 hour|
|Automobile repair garages||2 hour|
Portions of building used as accessory only need not be separated from the principal use.
Storage Areas for Business and Mercantile
Occupancy Separation is not required if any of below applies:
1. The storage area is less than 10 percent of the floor area of the story, and less than 280 sqm.
2. The storage area is provided with an automatic fire extinguishing system, and less than 280 sqm.
3. The storage is less than 93 sqm.
need not be separated from the restaurant seating they served, provided:
1. The cooking equipment is vented directly to the outdoors; and
2. A draft curtain of noncombustible materials, at least 600mm down from the ceiling, is provided to separate the cooking facilities from the restaurant seating areas, and
3. Sprinkler heads constructed in accordance with the provisions of this code are provided in the kitchen side of the curtain, within 600mm of the curtain opening, and any other openings including doors between the kitchen and seating areas, and spaced not more than 1200mm on center for each opening that is more than 1500 wide.
Here’s another link for Table 184.108.40.206.1.
- Code Reference used is NFPA-101 2012 edition unless otherwise noted.
- These information is not complete and intended to be used as quick references only, always refer to NFPA or your local codes for complete information.